Do you have an excellent telephone manner and a keen eye for detail?
Are you looking for a new Credit Control opportunity that is both challenging and rewarding?
We are currently recruiting for an efficient and driven individual to join our team as a Credit Controller. We are one of 6 of our Construction dealers in the UK, and are one of the Market Leaders for construction equipment in the UK. We have 6 depots covering South West England and South Wales with our head office being in Avonmouth. We employ over 100 people with a turnover last year of £50m and plans to continue to grow the business in 2017 and beyond.
Purpose of the Role:
Maintain a low level of overdue debt within targeted levels by calling and emails, maintain good relations with customers and liaise with internal staff to help resolve customer queries.
- Contacting customers via phone and email to collect outstanding debts with the primary focus on overdue debts.
- Managing a busy portfolio of customers, build relations with customers to help recover debt.
- Taking payments via credit card over the phone, posting receipts to the ledger and allocating, such as credit card payments, cheques and bacs remittances.
- Recording customer disputes on the system, referring to the relevant internal member of staff for resolution, monitoring the dispute to ensure it is followed through to a resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly statements and credit control letters are sent out to all customers in line with the agreed time frames.
- Handle internal requests from staff via email and phone for accounts on stop or over their credit limit that require further work/supply of parts. Refer the request to authorised person with relevant information to enable a decision to be made, and respond internally once a decision is made to assist with managing our credit risk.
- Reconcile the main bank account on a daily basis and additional banks accounts and petty cash accounts on a weekly basis.
- Preparing court documents for customers where we have exhausted other options, managing inbound court notices for your accounts and make sure they are dealt with within the required time frames with assistance from management.
- Managing Sales and Purchase Ledgers of 2 or 3 dealer accounts.
- During holidays help with cover on the purchase ledger.
Credit Controller | Credit Control | Debt Management | Microsoft Office | Accounting | Accounts |Dimensions | Sage | Data Entry | Telecommunications
- Proven track record in a similar credit control position
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work to targets and manage a busy workload
- The ability to identify and escalate any issues of concern
- Experience on Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience on accounting packages (Dimensions, sage etc.)
We were established in 1979. We are a privately run family business, with over 30 years experience of selling JCB equipment and after sales services, making it one of the oldest and longest running JCB dealers in the world.