3rd Line Network Enterprise Engineer
Are you looking for 3rd Line Network Enterprise Engineer jobs?
Do you want to work in a fast-paced dynamic company in the technology sector?
Our client is one of UK’s most connected managed service providers who operate from desktop to data centres, providing the full life cycle. They are a team of 350 experts and 400 highly skilled employees. They are looking for a 3rd line Network Enterprise Engineer to join their team.
As a 3rd Line Network Enterprise Engineer your jobs will include:
- Acting as technical resource on internal and external projects
- Resolving issues
- Working with our Platforms team to ensure the smooth running of our Cloud environment
- Provisioning new services
- Supporting other staff members with escalations or issues
- Reporting to the Network Operations Manager regarding problems or issues detected
- Monitoring and managing tickets within the systems in response to raised alarms or requests
- Technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills required for Network Design and
- Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, and Project work
- Current CCNP certification
- Knowledge of VoIP operations including L2 & L3 QoS
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Advanced information of internal and external routing protocols - OSPF / BGP / EIGRP
- Advanced skill of firewall vendors including Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Fortigate, Watchguard, Netscreen, Sonicwall and Checkpoint
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Juniper & HP (E & A series) switches and IOS, IOS-XE routers
- Strong experience working in a multi-tenant and medium sized enterprise support environments
- Understanding of wireless technologies, primarily Cisco Aironet & Meraki
- Knowledge of load balancers from vendors i.e. RiverBed, F5, HAProxy
- Using Solarwinds monitoring platform or other similar product
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus 5k and related technologies i.e. Fabricpath and VPC+
- Working with self-lit dark fibre and managed optical units such as PacketLite
- Valid CCDP certification & at minimum CCNA certifications for wireless, security or voice
- Valid CCSA/CCSE certification for R75 onwards or equivalent firewall vendor
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP & related connectivity services
- Expertise in dealing with 3rd party TAC resources
- Experience dealing with remote hands & field resources to perform remote work
To apply please forward a detailed cv to Daniel Hartshorn at Alfen.
For more information on current 3rd line network engineer enterprise jobs and other jobs available please visit the Alfen website.