Sister/Charge Nurse - Oncology Ward The Wellington Hospital
HCA Healthcare UK - The world's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services provider 2016'.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join our Oncology ward based at the Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
Our 21 bed Oncology unit treats patients in first class private rooms with the latest in innovative treatments and cutting edge technology. Our Oncology department consists of approx. 25 staff and with nursing/patient ratios averaging 1:4 are specialist nursing team can become part of our patient's entire journey.
As a Sister/Charge Nurse you will report into the Ward Manager and provide clinical management and leadership to all staff working in the department, ensuring a high standard of nursing care at all times.
* Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent position.
* Hours: 37.5 per week.
* Shift Pattern: Days, Nights & Weekends.
* Basic Salary: £39,174 - £45,419 per annum plus 9% shift enhancement.
* Benefits: Mentorship programme training, funded courses, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* As part of a multidisciplinary team you will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the Oncology patients in a holistic manner.
* You will work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff as well as promoting team work to maximise effectiveness of the service provision.
* Plan and monitor staffing needs including preparation of staff rotas.
* Deputise for the Senior Sister/Ward Manager, providing management and leadership in their absence.
* To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and contribute to research and audits projects as well as other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
* Registered Nurse (NMC Registration) with extensive experience in Oncology (Chemotherapy trained).
* Previous experience at a Senior Staff Nurse/Sister level or above with excellent supervisory skills.
* Chemotherapy course/certificate required and mentorship qualification is desirable.
* Experience of Palliative and pain management skills.
* Excellent communication and team building skills with a proactive approach and the flexibility required to respond to the needs of the department.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 250 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.