Deputy Manager (RGN/RMN/RNLD)
Deputy Manager (RGN/RMN/RNLD)
£37,000-39,000 per annum
Prism7 Health and Care Recruitment is looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to join our client`s residential nursing setting in Hexham. The home provides support to up to 20 residents with Mental health, complex needs and learning disabilities.
Main duties of the Deputy Manager
- To deputise in the absence of the Manager
- Contribute to the achievement of the Company aims, objectives and initiatives in a positive and cohesive manner, and as part of the management team.
- Uphold and encourage in others the required regulatory and professional standard, as specified.
- Act in a manner commensurate with expected professional conduct, legislation and codes of practice.
- Act as an Ambassador for the service and for the company when required.
- Facilitate and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures relating to the service.
- Ensure, through direct observation and supervision of others, full compliance with relevant regulatory and professional standards.
- As part of the management team, achieve positive outcomes in a timely manner, in response to any requirements generated by regulatory bodies or internal quality assurance processes.
- To provide clinical leadership to the delivery of a high quality service, and promoting a positive culture.
- Ensure that the evidence base and standards of best practice, inform the training, development, delivery and improvement of the nursing workforce.
- Create a culture of change, and innovations, with regards to the nursing workforce with the aim of improving the quality of care.
- Setting and maintaining standards which promote a safe, sound and supportive environment for service users.
- Ensure full contract compliance with regard to the service provided for individuals within the service.
- Leadership and management of the person centered care planning process, ensuring timely assessment are completed in an inclusive way, promoting service user and family involvement.
- Creating and sustaining an environment that promotes positive behavioural support and meaningful activities.
- Contribute to the effective deployment of staff in appropriate numbers, skill mix and competencies.
- Contribute to the effective, efficient and management of the rota, ensuring they reflect the needs of the service users.
- Responsible and accountable for the on-going assessment of need in relation to the nursing workforce, within the unit, in terms of number, skills and training requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring effective systems are in place to support robust preceptorship of newly qualified nurses and the appraisal and clinical supervision of nurses and health care assistants.
- Manage and co-ordinate recruitment, disciplinary matters and grievances in accordance with company procedures.
Requirements of the Deputy Manager
- Qualified Nurse - ideally RNLD, but would consider applicants RGN or RMN
- Up to date Nursing pin
- NMC registered nurse
- Min. 3 years of previous experience at management level
- Min. 3 years of previous management experience in a home with service users with LD, MH or complex needs
- Strong ability to manage a 20 bedded residential service
- Proven ability of CQC requirements, legislations, regulations, safeguarding