Science Teacher - Secondary School - September Start - London Borough of Hackney - Inner London Pay Scale
Science Teacher, Hackney
Qualified Science Teacher needed for Hackney in September 2017.
Job Title: Qualified Science Teacher
Location: London Borough of Hackney
Contract Type: Long Term Temporary/Permanent Job
Start Date: September 2017
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Your new school
This Academy is located in the heart of the London Borough of Hackney with access to a range of great transport links. The school has been graded as 'Good' in their most recent Ofsted report with a strong leadership and management team. Over 65% of their students achieved A* - C in their GCSE exams in 2016, which is above the national average. The vision of this school is to create an inspiring, secure and inclusive environment where innovative thinking and creativity are encouraged and aspirations of students are raised.
Your new job
In your new secondary teaching job you will be delivering outstanding lessons for students, engaging and challenging them, alongside supporting other members of the department in all areas. You will be teaching General Science, including Biology, Chemistry and Physics across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. In return, you'll be rewarded with excellent progression opportunities and a supportive team of colleagues.
What you'll need to succeed
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent).
* Experience delivering the Science curriculum
* To be a motivated and passionate teacher, willing to push and support students
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Ability to work as a team and efficiently settle in the Science department
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
How to apply
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Joseph Bradshaw on or email for more information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.