Head Chef - 26K-30K
We are currently recruiting a Head Chef for a high volume client in Norwich City Centre. The role is full time and will include weekends and evenings. You will work with the Executive Chef to produce a brand of catering set by the company. Managing a brigade of Chefs to run the restaurant efficiently and ensure standards are maintained.
Main Duties will include:
- Supervise the Chefs to ensure that all the recipes are followed accurately to maintain levels of quality.
- Undertake menu tastings/meetings with the Executive Chef and management team.
- Develop the menu within a structured manner and established guidelines.
- Manage stock levels and undertake stock takes (using an electric system Eatec).
- Work within the Catering budget to ensure that recipes are followed and waste is minimised as much as possible. Identify above budget ordering of ingredients and raise and address this with management in a timely manner.
- Manage the staff Rota on a weekly basis, making efficient and effective use of all permanent and casual staff.
- Motivate, lead and manage the Chefs and Kitchen Porters.
- Maintain and record all aspects of Food Hygiene to meet Health and Safety legislation / requirements and the Food Management System.
- Increase turnover in the restaurants by working with the Sales and Management teams to create special events and menus.
Independent with interests in retail, sports and training
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience of working in a high quality catering business
- Ideally up to date certificates in Food Hygiene Level 3 and Health and Safety Level 2
- Experience in creating various food styles, working to a set brand and criteria, able to follow recipes and create new menus within established guidelines, ensuring they fit the restaurant style.
- enusing ble h as possoblossoblepossoblelsnus fit the retaurant raion. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, notably Excel and Word. Familiar with computer based ordering
- Sound people management experience and leadership skills
- Excellent communicator, oustomer olvi titude and Pstyle pen minded attitude and pro-active problem solver
- Leads by example, setting the pace, standards, goals & objectives and achieves them
- Works in a methodical and timely manner, is organised and meets deadlines
- Works well under pressure, is flexible and able to cope with last minute changes e.g. absent staff, unexpected increases in customer demand
What we can offer you
PRP, HR support, great work patterns
The Small Print
Thanks for applying. You will be required to supply evidence of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom with relevant skills and qualifications.
Prosper Business Recruitment is a proud equal opportunities employer, dedicated and specialist to the hospitality industry. We work and support some of the most well known companies in Norfolk and Suffolk.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Prosper Business Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency. For more information about us and our services click your way to www.prosper-businessrecruitment.co.uk
Due to the high number of applicants we receive sadly we cannot reply to everyone, therefore if you do not hear back from us within 5 days please assume you have been unsuccessful this time