Head of Financial Accounting
Sanderson Finance are working closely with a leading organisation within the public sector who are looking to appoint a Head of Financial Accounting on a permanent basis in Bristol. Reporting to the Finance Director this is an exciting opportunity for qualified/qualified by experience accounting professional to be part of a successful team.
The main purpose of this role is to lead both the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams and ensure all business account transactions are in compliance with company policies.
- Production of annual statutory accounts
- Management of company's fixed asset register
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on control issues which affect accounts division
- Deliver financial accounting guidance and advice to other operations across the business
- Maintain and complete all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or qualified by experience
- Public/charitable sector is desirable
- Effective communicator and good leadership skills
- Strong financial background working in a managerial or supervisory role
- Excellent up to date knowledge of changes in legislation with HMRC
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and meet strict deadlines
- Previous experience working with senior stake holders