Nursery Practitioner / Nursery Nurse
Mace Montessori Schools is a chain of bespoke Montessori Nursery settings in and around Central London. Our ethos is Montessori with emphasis on EYFS for the babies to toddler and combined through the preschool ages.
We are currently looking for Nursery Practitioners with minimum Level 3 (NNEB, CACHE, NVQ) or equivalent qualifications to join our team in EAST PUTNEY, HAMMERSMITH, WEST HAMSPSTEAD , CHISWICK & WAPPING.
Salary Offered - £14k-£18k PA
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 Year experience and will be looking for a full time position of 35 hours per week.
Your duties will include:
- Offering all children with equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Care and supervision of the children with regard to their overall development (holistic development of the child)
- Planning and preparation of activities to meet the individual needs of the children.-Creating and developing a stimulating environment.-Ensuring observations, developmental records and evaluations are kept. Develop a reflective practice.
- Ensure that the school policies/risk assessments/action plans are adhered to.
- Liaising with parents and building strong and effective communication channels.
- Working with the management team and school proprietors to focus on the needs of the children.
- Manage their room ratio and staff ratio effectively.
- Organise parent’s evenings.
- Implement the EYFS and assist staff with the same
- Organise and plan staff meetings (for reflective practice)-administrative records in the classroom.
- To contribute to a good standard of hygiene, cleanliness, care, preparation and the maintenance of classroom equipment.
- To supervise meal times and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles-To be aware of emergency evacuation procedures and fire evacuation procedures
- To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that the high standard of childcare is maintained.
- To model good practice to staff and provide supervision of play staff and trainees.
- Pension Scheme
- Competitive salary
- Career progression opportunities
- Annual company trip abroad
- Access to Internal In-company Montessori Training
If you have a Level 3 qualification in childcare, minimum experience 1 year within the childcare sector and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send us a copy of your CV.