Optometrist - Newmarket
Set your sights on today’s Tesco
Discover what it’s like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering gold standard clinical service and care. We are committed to finding the very best Optometrists out there. Talented and driven professionals who can deliver the highest quality optics service to our customers, at the best value around.
We offer fantastic career progression prospects, the possibility of becoming a Pre-Reg supervisor and interactive CET training. We believe in taking great care of our colleagues and in conjunction with Anglia Ruskin University our Optical Assistants have the opportunity to take part in an amazing training program, giving our Optometrists the support they need to correctly treat the customer.
About The Job
Shift Pattern: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
We believe in taking good care of the people who take care of our business. That’s why we offer competitive salary, a fantastic benefits package including;
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- 5 weeks paid Holiday in your first year (pro rata)
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Childcare Vouchers
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2016/17 earnings.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- GOC fees Paid.
- College of Optometry fees Paid.
- Access to free interactive, comprehensive CET.
- All our colleagues are covered by our indemnity insurance.
We also offer flexible working, great support and training plus plenty of opportunities to fast-track your career.
As we are a multichannel business you can have the opportunity to develop your skills and enhance your career by branching out into our other exciting areas of the business.
We see things differently
You’ll work as part of the optician’s team to help our customers find the glasses or contact lenses that are right for them, giving all the expertise and support they need.
You will be driving promotions and company initiatives throughout the year.
You’ll be qualified, registered and able to respond to a range of tasks:
- You will ensure customers are at the heart of everything we do, from appointment availability to finding frames that compliment faces, from PA to health advisor to personal stylist, you will help deliver our vision.
- You’ll put your qualifications to work, carrying out eye examinations in line with College of Optometrists and General Optical Council (GOC) guidelines.
- You will be checking that equipment is maintained and documents are completed, ensuring your department follows our Safe and Legal Guidelines.
- You will support the Opticians Manager, taking responsibility when they are away
Are you the fresh pair of eyes we need?
Working in one of our Opticians, you'll apply your qualification, substantial optical experience and strong customer focus to deliver great service to our customers. You will be a member of the General Optical Council (GOC). You will be someone who puts people at the heart of everything you do. By being warm and welcoming with colleagues and customers, building relationships and taking time to recognise others. You will always look for better ways of working, giving your best, and then exceeding expectations.
About the Company
Be part of UK’s leading multichannel retailer. Tesco Opticians is spread across the UK, providing our customers with an extensive range of optical services.
If you're passionate about eye care and making a difference to as many people as possible, this is the chance to engage with a wide variety of issues in a truly professional environment. After all, as a world-leading retailer we want to ensure that our new Opticians business offers a world-class service.
For more information, please visit