Customer and Student Support Officer
Flex Education Ltd is a recruitment agency encompassing specialisms in Education and Training. We work on a National basis with Training Providers, Colleges and Schools, providing outstanding staff on a supply and permanent basis.
We have the pleasure of working with a National Training Provider who are seeking to employ a Customer and Student Support Officer. The Customer and Student Support Team provides the centralised administration and support function for the whole of the organisation. Due to the increase in business throughout this year, our client is looking for someone to join our established and busy team.
The successful applicant should have:
- At least 3 years active experience in dealing with customer services
- Experience in dealing with data systems and processes in relation to customer records and information
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good levels of numeracy
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of working in a school office environment or with students with SEN
- Knowledge and experience of ESFA funding criteria and processes
- Experience and knowledge of Apprenticeship Criteria and processes
An overview of the role and responsibilities are listed below, this list is not exhaustive:
- To encourage student engagement through non-academic relationships and to provide ongoing support for both students and family members.
- To deliver the online student inductions and to set the initial assessments for them to complete
- To take ownership of student enrolments ensuring that they are at the correct levels for that group
- To hold wellbeing sessions with all new students to be able to build a successful relationship and to set targets
- To be responsible for ensuring that all ILR submissions are done in timely and correct manner
- To ensure that all apprenticeship criteria is met and monitored
- To be responsible for all required documentation for EFA funding and Apprenticeships
- To distribute and mark the Student Wellbeing questionnaires and update the PWP.
- To manage the student tribes and to allocate students into them
- Chasing student attendance and escalating persistent non-attendance to customers
- To authorise students who cannot attend lessons
- Dealing with customers & mentors on a regular basis to ensure they are informed of any student issues
- To respond to enquiries from parents, students and customer
- Answering and re-directing phone calls or taking and passing on messages for other members of the team in all locations.
- To update student notes of any information we are provided by the customer or parents
- To manage the creation and set up of users for the parent portal
- To escalate any safeguarding issues in a timely and confidential manner
- Collating the weekly attendance data and distributing to team leaders
- Sending out feedback requests to customers
- To provide support and advice for students who are moving into further education including reference writing
- To have 1-1 sessions with learners by request or by seeing a requirement for support
- Working with our teaching and learning department to ensure maximum knowledge of subjects and course specifications
- Distributing end of term reports and any bespoke reporting requests throughout the academic year.
The working hours are 8am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
The successful applicant will also require a enhanced DBS check, this can be organised by us at a charge of £52.50 which is to be paid in advance.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please get in touch today
Flex Education Ltd is a recruitment agency encompassing specialisms in Education and Training. We are an innovative and personable company, based in Stockton in the North East of England. We have over 20 years cumulative experience and are passionate about making the right match between client and candidate, developing long-lasting relationships and offering a transparent, honest, value-for-money service.