A major construction company are looking for a Subcontract Buyer to provide pre and post contract subcontract support.
The Subcontract Buyer will be working on £10m - £40m projects in new build and major refurbishments in the education, private and public residential and student accommodation and commercial markets with typical overall project procurement budgets of up to £30m.
With packages ranging from £1,000 to several million £, my client are seeking an out and out construction Subcontract Buyer. Ideally candidates will have JCT or NEC contract experience.
Reporting directly into the Supply Chain Director, the Subcontract Buyer will be joining an already established team of Subcontract Buyer's and will be supported by Procurement Assistants.
Details of the Subcontract Buyer role are:
Location - Reigate, Head Office
Salary - up to £50,000 + c. £4,500 car allowance + other benefits
Key responsibilities of the Subcontract Buyer / Senior Buyer are:
- Work in consultation with the pre and post contract project management team
- Develop and implement the project procurement strategy aligned to the business supply chain management and procurement
- Lead the development of subcontract works packages
- Work with the business supply chain manager in the development and implementation of approved tender lists
- Assist with the analysis of quotations, lead negotiations and attend mid/post tender interviews when required
- Develop robust, commercially competitive procurement solutions for inclusion in the bid
- Engage with the supply chain to investigate value engineering opportunities
- Place subcontract orders and management of the subcontract execution process
Experience required for this Subcontract / Senior Buyer role are:
- Out and out Construction background
- Subcontract procurement experience
- Experienced with the use of JCT and / or NEC3 contract forms
- A stable CV
- Experience of working on construction related projects
To apply for this Subcontract Buyer / Senior Buyer position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK