M&E Project Surveyor
Job Title: M&E Project Surveyor
Your salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
One of the UK's most recognized and longest established Building Services Contractors, boasting in excess of 70 years of trade, more than 650 full time employees and an annual T/O in excess of £100m covering multiple sectors with longstanding business relationships achieved by a consistently high level of customer satisfaction and successful delivery of a number of high profile projects.
Our client is also recognized as an employer of choice in the industry with a significantly high level of staff retention in a buoyant market, with excellent scope for progression and internal development at all levels.
Some of your responsibilities:
The Project Surveyor is responsible for the following tasks, some of which they will implement directly and others will be delegated.
- Plan, organise and manage the activities associated with the surveying of projects allocated to you and agree resources required.
- Analyse, identify and be aware of the Conditions of Contract and ensure compliance with them and keep the Project Manager/Engineer advised of the obligations.
- Draft and ensure issue of all sub-contract orders and take responsibility for ensuring that all commercial and contractual aspects are satisfactorily considered, implemented and maintained for duration of sub-contract whilst working closely with the Supply Chain.
- Prepare and submit, in liaison with Project Team, regular applications/invoices for works carried out and ensure payments are received in accordance with the contract requirements and dates.
- Obtain and review all information to prepare, in liaison with other members of staff, sub-contractor payments and advise the Accounts Department of correct payment dates.
- Fully identify, measure and value/cost variations including preliminaries, overheads, non-productive/disruptive elements, profit, etc., and ensure that they are submitted and agreed satisfactorily to achieve proper remuneration and maintenance of profits.
- Attend monthly contract/project review meetings and ensure that minutes of said meetings are issued promptly and to review these on a monthly basis with the Lead Surveyor/Commercial Manager.
- Produce monthly project financial reviews/reports from above and issue to Lead Surveyor/Commercial Manager for review.
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures are conformed to at all times and all paperwork is correctly completed and issued.
You must have:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience, preferable within the residential M&E sector
- Must be able to review technical drawings for variations, valuations and take offs
- Previous experience working on Commercial/Residential projects
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, good working attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically in MS Excel
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please contact Michael Stevens on