Applications Engineering Manager Electronics
Electronic Applications Engineering manager job up to £65k + car allowance+ bonus.
Your new company
For the past 25 years my client has been providing convenient and cost effective solutions for their customers to measure and better manage their use of energy.
They believe that the right technology in the right place will provide solutions, which are easy to use thus allowing the user to actively reduce their energy use.
Their wide and versatile product portfolio, in the UK and around the world allows them to do achieve this for a varied consumer base. To address the needs of the diverse customer base in UK, the company has a wide and versatile product portfolio. Over the years, they have used the strengths of worldwide business and now deliver hardware, software and service products.
They are also able to provide additional value to the customers because they are one of the first business in the world with a portfolio of smart metering and residential HVAC controls.
Your new role
The successful applicant will be steering the applications team to ensure and enable proactive support to the sales and marketing teams by using the existing product portfolio to create new applications in existing markets and to develop new customer segments.
- Ensure the development of new applications from the existing product portfolio to maximize the portfolio value
- Ensure the use of existing product portfolio to create avenues for growth in new customer segments and explore similar applications in UK & Europe
- Enable the sales and marketing teams by studying regulation and / or government funding schemes and create opportunities from these schemes.
- Ensure the product requirements and financial justifications are captured correctly for developments done by the sales program team.
- Participate in effective launch of new products in UK and European markets and play leading role in capturing new system integrators / value added resellers
- Ensure that customers requirement have been met during various review stages of the sales programs for the area/products handled
- Undertake market research and competitor analysis to provide a basis for new product lines or enhancement of existing products for assigned market
- Support sales promotional activities, trade shows, educational events or professional conferences in assigned market as needed
- Support NPI teams in defining product scope & requirements, conducting field trials or user acceptance test for new product developments for the product range handled
- Respond to internal sales requests and fill knowledge gaps through training courses.
- Work closely with product & portfolio management to monitor market trends and product life cycles; including effective introduction of new products and proper product obsolescence plan.
This role will involve managing a team of 6 application engineers (based in Bristol & Sweden) and also working closely with the development team in India.
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for an individual that is able to understand the technical complexity of the products and work with customers to understand their requirements to explore the feasibility of different ways to apply the products. They will also act as an interface between sales & marketing team regards product launches, technical understanding etc. We would like to find someone with domain knowledge in possibly one of these areas, eg. Heating background, controls, district heating, home automation, lighting or security automation or maybe mobile phone background.
What you'll get in return
£55k - £65k salary
Company car allowance £5,500,
26 days holiday
Bonus of 2.5% of basic salary,
Healthcare cash back plan.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.