Front End Web Developer
Sussex Recruitment requires an experienced Front End Web Developer for our client based near Uckfield. The ideal candidate will have min 3 yrs exp and have both creative and technical ability.
- Proven track record in a Digital/Web Development role
- Excellent PHP skills and IT skills (Web, MS Office etc.)
- Experience in working with jQuery and Prototype libraries used in the Magento framework
- Experience in building responsive web sites.
- An excellent understanding of cross-browser and desktop/mobile compatibility issues
- An excellent communicator, comfortable talking to clients via email, on the phone or in person.
- Ability to work on projects in a team or individually.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate workable solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Experience with Magento theme development
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors such as SASS/LESS. o Knowledge of layout XML used in the Magento framework.
- An excellent understanding of standard web architecture.
- Experience using Git and other version control systems.
- SOAP/REST API Web services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Team player with strong attention to detail
- Creative person with good time management
- Learning on the fly
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.