Assistant Management Accountant ( Media) - Central London
Assistant Management Accountant Role. Based Central London
£24-26k plus benefits
Successful and expanding media related business is looking for Part Qualified (ACCA or CIMA) Assistant Management Accountant to join its accounting team in their UK head office in Central London.
Working closely within a small team and reporting into the Financial Controller, the role of the Assistant Management Accountant will involve supporting the finance team in a range of management accounting and controlling tasks along with various other ad hoc responsibilities. The position offers a structured career path and will offer an increased scope of work as the individual progresses. It will also actively support the study of professional examinations. (CIMA or ACCA) Responsibilities for the Assistant Management Accountant will include:
- Balance sheet monthly reconciliations
- Management of accounts payable invoicing.
- Provision of accurate variance analysis.
- Reconciling credit cards and processing expenses.
- Processing incoming payments (Bacs, Cheque, Credit Card, etc).
- Maintain all accounts records- Filing purchase invoices, sales invoices and bank statements
- Allocating payments.
- Raising sales invoices/statements and re-issuing invoices as required.
- Dealing with queries from suppliers, clients, and the sales team.
- Working closely with auditors and HMRC.
- Monthly bank and supplier reconciliations.
- Assisting with ad hoc month end close and reporting process..
- General financial admin tasks when required
- Ideally an Accounting/Finance related degree / Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA
- precious purchase ledger experience
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn and keen to develop.
- Organised and able to meet various weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Versatile, flexible and who has attention to detail
Applicants for the Assistant Management Accountant position MUST be part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) or recent accounting / finance graduates, with at least 2 years experience in a similar type role and looking to continue their professional exams. Excellent opportunity to grow a finance career within a successful, professional and friendly environment.