Technical Consultant / Junior IT Engineer - Retail Operations
Job Title: Technical Consultant - Store Operations
Location: Birmingham (Field Based)
Salary: £27 - £35k base (depending on experience + bonus + competitive benefits + car allowance)
Our client is the Global Leader in Supply Chain Software, working with global retailers, manufacturers and other industries.
Offering career development, competitive packages, travel and the chance to work with exclusive customers!
Our client is the leading provider of innovative supply chain management, merchandising, pricing excellence and supply chain execution solutions worldwide. The company empowers more than 7,000 companies of all sizes to make optimal decisions that improve profitability and achieve real results in the discrete and process manufacturing, wholesale distribution, transportation, and retail and services industries.
The company is seeking a junior person, potentially coming from retail back office background ideally with relevant software experience in store operations.
Working as part of the companies project team, apply your retail experience, Workforce Management application expertise and industry best practice to deliver a solution that will assist customers to maximise their operation and achieve ROI. This role will concentrate on the integration and architectural elements of the Workforce Management solutions within the companies Store Operations Suite.
For full task lists, a full job description can be requested, key tasks are as follows:
- Assess requirements, operational flow and design solution.
- Work with clients to define requirements for technical implementation of the company's software and data integration components.
- Create and consolidate technical knowledge in various media formats
- Understands the business functionality of a majority of the features within an application module
- Can describe and configure common components such as business units, users, security features, dashboards, workflows, language settings, form overrides, data formats, exports, jobs, events
- Create system documentation for all technical elements
Travel required to customer site or headquarters which could be based anywhere in the UK, typically 75% travel each week. Potential to work in other EMEA locations.
Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and without the need for individual task-management and supervision.
Ability to manage personal work location, travel and accommodation to best achieve the assigned deliverables within agreed time/cost constraints and client expectations.
Good communicator and customer focused!
- Excellent problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, or concerns before they occur or become critical
- Good knowledge of the following Operating Systems; Windows, Unix, Linux is desirable but not essential;
- Some level of knowledge of SQL or SQL Server report writing services such as SSRS
- Understanding of databases including MS SQL
- Experience of Scripting is desirable but not essential
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or similar field - desirable
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems and networking concepts
- Typically some experience in Workforce Management software solutions and life cycle within the retail industry.
- Working knowledge of the company's Workforce Management and associated Store Operations products would be a bonus!
- Retail experience gained within store operations preferred
- Knowledge of retail store and / or back office systems principles and practices preferred
- Experience with software installation/ upgrades and sql server is essential; history with retail/ workforce management desirable.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Junior Technical Consultant, IT Technical Consultant, IT Server Consultant, Technical Services Consultant, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, Technical Analyst, Managed Services IT Consultant, Technical Consultant, Technical Support, Infrastructure IT Consultant, Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure, Hybrid IT, ADSL, SDSL, MPLS may also be considered for this role.