Part Time Evening Homeworker - Document Production
Part-time Evening Homeworker - Document Production
Owen Reed are recruiting for a Part-time Evening Homeworker to join a top London law firm. The Part-time role will be working Thursdays and Fridays and the working hours will be 4.00pm to 11.00pm, with a 30-minute break. The law firm will provide the necessary IT equipment, but you must have a suitable workstation at home.
Key Responsibilities of the homeworker
• Document production
• Transcribe digital dictation
• Produce and amend correspondence, documents, reports, attachments, etc
• Produce and amend PowerPoint presentations
• Advise on document layout and reformatting options
• Maintain the firm's precedent bank to ensure that all documents are maintained in the firm's house style
• Use systems effectively to prioritise and complete incoming work
• Proof read and check documents to ensure that they are correct, in line with house style
• Keep service users updated on the progress of their work
• Ensure that work is completed within the required timescales
• Support and help other team members by sharing system knowledge
• Assist fellow Document Production Specialists with workload as required
• Liaise with lawyers, Team Leaders and Personal Assistants as appropriate in relation to document production
• Regularly check workloads within the groups and assist/reprioritize wherever possible to avoid backlogs of work
• Pick up and manage telephone calls
• Participate in regular scheduled training sessions to maintain optimum systems knowledge.
• Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
• Two years' previous experience in a law firm
• Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
• Ability to strip document formatting and reformat in house style.
• Ability to repair problem documents either on own or with support from the IT Department.
• Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
• Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
• Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
• Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
• Able to build confidence, respect and trust with others quickly.
• Flexible with regard to service to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
For more information on this role please contact Lauren Quarrington