Business Tax Manager
Business Tax Manager
Reports to: Tax Partner - as well other General Practice Partners
The Team: The tax department provides bespoke taxation services to its broad range of clients and deals with all queries from routine compliance through to high-level advisory work. It prepares tax returns and computations, carries out tax planning/consultancy work, and deals with HMRC, clients and third parties.
Company: Provides a full range of services on all aspects of accountancy and audit, UK and international taxation, financial management and administration, company secretarial and computer management consultancy. Its range of specialist sectors includes property, media, not for profit, professional firms, and technology and digital as well as a strong private client focus.
The company currently has 13 partners and some 100 staff, and its diverse client portfolio ranges from sole traders and professional partnerships to local, national and international corporations and institutions which operate in a wide variety of industries
- This key role will include responsibility for the firm’s corporation tax compliance function
- Reviewing the most complex corporate tax returns for technical risks and planningopportunities
- Assisting partners with corporate and OMB projects/consultancy work, resolving complex and varied issues
- Recognising and developing advisory opportunities from the firm’s corporate compliance work
- Providing direction and support to junior staff members on all aspects of compliance and consultancy work
- Prepare technical material such as factsheets and articles
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm
- Develop/maintain areas of specialisation as agreed with the partners (likely to include property and international issues)
- Providing authoritative guidance to audit and accountancy teams and being considered a subject matter expert
- Preparing and presenting/assisting in the preparation of external/internal presentations and training courses
- Assisting in marketing initiatives, such as the preparation of factsheets, tendering to prospective clients etc, as required
- Maintaining awareness of UK taxation developments and other relevant taxation and accountancy developments
- Controlling WIP on allocated jobs or projects, including billing and debt collection
- Qualified CTA desirable
- Strong technical skills and experience in the areas of corporate and business taxation, with an awareness of key tax issues for private clients
- Experience of dealing with property and international tax issues desirable
- Competent at using MS Office and good knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Keen to add value to our clients’ businesses
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Above all you will need to be out-going and excellent within a client facing role and genuinely interested in helping our clients and building your career.
- Bonus: 2% at Christmas
- Pension: 1+1% rising to 4 or 5% (matched) through length of service
- PMI: single membership medical and dental insurance
- Death in service
- Season ticket loan
- Fresh fruit twice a week and cheese Thursdays!
- Benefits through salary sacrifice: flexible benefits package including healthcare, enhanced dental, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gourmet society, gymflex, etc.
- Holidays: 26 plus 8 bank holidays