Teacher of SEN
Pearson Whiffin Education
MPS scale 1 - 6 + SEN allowance
Pearson Whiffin Education are currently recruiting a full time SEN Teacher for a job vacancy with a school in the Dover area. You will hold UK Qualified teaching status. Teachers with experience of working with SEN students KS2 - KS5 will be considered. This is a permanent vacancy to start September 2017.
The successful candidate will be passionate about SEN and can demonstrate a high standard of teaching and learning, particularly with learners with profound, severe or complex needs, but also to work alongside colleagues in the mainstream provision of the school, sharing the responsibility for ensuring the provision achieves excellent outcomes for the benefit of all students.
All applicants should have a good understanding of teaching students functioning the ability range P1 to NC levels. You will appreciate the importance of working alongside a wide range of professionals in sharing goals for pupils and have positive communication skills.
Key responsibilities of the SEN Teacher are:
- You will collaborate with all teachers within department to ensure the curriculum is delivered to the best level possible.
- You will use student's interests as a way of engaging them and supervise student teachers on placements.
- You will ensure all forms of assessment are being utilised so students know how they can improve.
- You will attend monthly staff CPD sessions to share ideas of best practice and outstanding teaching.
- You will implement and follow the school behaviour management policy.
Benefits of the SEN Teacher are:
- Career progression with promotion opportunity including pay rise
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) training whilst you work to help you grow as a teacher
- Pension contribution
- Opportunity to work in a popular, Ofsted rated GOOD school.
If you have the necessary skills and would like to find out more about the position then please contact Sophie Baldwin on or email