Group Financial Accountant
This Group Financial Accountant role is within the Group Financial Reporting team, whose main responsibilities are the group's external reporting to markets and regulators. This is a varied role that is predominantly related to Financial reporting, tax, treasury and internal controls for the group. There are opportunities to streamline processes and leverage the opportunities provided by new systems, and to get involved in finance-related projects.
Leading employer of choice who are a market leading Group with links to the Engineering, Energy and resources industries. A complex set up of companies they are striving to build an efficient and highly commercial fiance function which this Group Financial Accountant will be key to achieving. Based in Norwich they have great facilities on-site and this role reports into a passionate and personable manager who is keen to train and mentor someone through the final stages of their ACCA/CIMA/ACA studies
- Ownership of the relationship with key stakeholders in business unit finance teams and other head office functions, to coordinate aspects of the Group reporting;
- Financial Planning & Reporting, Investor Relations and Group Risk as necessary;
- Developing the financial reporting process and ensuring on-going compliance with relevant Group financial controls;
- Gathering data from business units and third parties, consolidating, reviewing and analysing the results;
- Primary responsibility for producing several Group financial statements disclosures;
providing detailed information and analysis for Solvency II reporting purposes, with responsibility for specific Group reporting templates;
- Ongoing issue-resolution and process improvement, including supporting finance professionals across the Group's business units;
- Liaising with the Group Financial Accounting team to drive the resolution of technical accounting matters and to explain and react to technical changes;
- Providing detailed analysis for senior management and executives, liaising with other head office teams, especially
- Liaising with the Group's internal and external auditors.
- Studying towards an Accountancy qualification, ideally at the final stages.
- Organised self-starter able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Experience in a trainee or assistant Group Financial Accountant role would be ideal
- Able to think flexibly and open to new ideas, with strong problem-solving skills and enthusiasm to improve processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to liaise with stakeholders from different specialisms in different locations and at different levels of seniority;
- Ability to communicate succinctly and explain complex issues to others;
- Familiarity with the preparation and consolidation of financial accounts; experience of using complex finance systems such as Sage, COGNOS and Qlikview BI is an advantage;
- Comfortable with using complex IT systems and large data volumes;
- Close attention to detail and accuracy.
Great market leading employee benefits programme and a competitive salary with all the professional development required for someone to fly up the career ladder