Trade Mark Paralegal
Unique opportunity at this extra- ordinary leading media/entertainment law firm located in the City, joining an established Trade Mark team with a portfolio that ranges from fashion to music and beyond, this is a high calibre team who offer a tremendous environment working on globally recognized brands.
This newly created role will work alongside other paralegals in the Brands team.
Core responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assisting in the management of the clients IP portfolio, including trademarks, copyright and designs;
• Maintaining and updating central database of trade mark registrations/pending applications and registered designs;
• Supporting the team in adherence to all national and foreign trademark deadlines;
• Processing and docketing all incoming registry post/correspondence;
• Reviewing, preparing, drafting and sending out search reports and watch notice reports to the clients;
• Preparing and filing trade mark applications and renewals;
• Preparing and filing trade mark oppositions and cancellation actions;
• Preparing and filing design applications;
• Preparing cost estimates;
• Preparing draft responses to registry objections;
• Reporting of filing receipts, advertisements, registration and renewal certificates;
• Liaising with overseas agents and requesting frequent status updates;
• Amending documents;
• Dealing with/screening calls and arranging conference calls;
• Proactive and responsive diary management;
• Assisting with trademark billing and co-ordination
Successful candidate’s will certainly have a wealth of trademark administration experience,
and ideally have the Trade mark formalities certificate; ideally you will also have experience of WebTMS/IPPO.