Litigation Solicitor RTA's & PI
Your new company
One of Northern Ireland's pre-eminent litigation law firms is recruiting for an experienced litigation solicitor to join their formidable team. The practice focuses heavily on their employees input and as a result they have implemented progressive advances to improve the way they operate including the introduction of flexible and remote working options, bonus referral incentive schemes and the provision of generous pension, private healthcare and gym memberships
Your new role
This is a varied role and will involve specialising in Civil Litigation matters, you will be responsible for;
- The effective use of case management system and filing system to monitor and progress client files.
- Taking accurate instructions from clients
- Attending client meetings
- Explaining complex matters to the client including details of court procedure and managing client expectations of process of their claim.
- Answering general client queries regarding their case in accordance with Service Level Agreement
- Attending locus inspections
- Providing clients with legal advice as and when needed
- Provide advice to clients post hearing on implications of court outcome to include prospects of appeal
- Liaising with the third party representatives and insurers
- Arranging appointments with appropriate medical experts
- Negotiate settlement of clients losses and compensation with third party representatives
- Managing all correspondence, documentation and evidence associated with the file.
- Advising clients on and making appropriate applications for funding including, Legal Aid, Legal Expenses and our After the Event Insurance Cover.
- Issuing proceedings in the relevant court
- Attend related court hearings/ inquests etc
- Represent client in any relevant criminal proceedings and PACE interviews (qualified staff)
- Preparation of court documents and evidence for hearing
- Attending all consultations and court dates with client
- Advocacy in Magistrates Court, County Court and High Court Callover (For Qualified Staff)
- Instruction and briefing of Junior Counsel as required.
- Guide any witnesses in attendance on behalf of your client through court procedure and during attendance at various venues.
- Bill Of Costs preparation
- Achieving monthly/annual standards in relation to Billing, File opening and closures, settlement figures and case duration.
- Reviewing all files quarterly in accordance with procedures
- Actively partaking in meetings as and when scheduled.
- Attending all required training.
- Participation in annual appraisals to assess your overall performance, duties and training requirements and development.
- Reporting significant issues on files, positive & negative to team leader including any complaints or potential complaints on files.
- Reporting every case outcome within one day of conclusion with team leader
- Assisting and standing in for team leaders on occasion as required.
- Adhering to Service Level Agreement's with any external business sources to the firm.
- Keeping appraised of any developments, incoming case reports and changes in the law,
- Adhering to Law Society requirements on Continuing Professional Development training
- Ensuring that you maintain standards as required to practice as a solicitor both personally and in your working environment
- Attending networking events with various professional bodies
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor or experienced Legal Executive with Litigation experience
- Civil Litigation experience, in particular RTA's and Personal Injury matters
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Experience of working to deadlines in pressurised environments
- Experience of managing large volumes of case files
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
What you'll get in return
There is a very competitive market salary on offer with a host of benefits inclusive of attractive pension, private healthcare, bonus referral scheme and working options, such as remote and flexible working, subject to agreement
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career.
If you're looking for a new legal opportunity in a specific location Hays have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK and a team of over 30 specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your job search.