Management Accountant - Investment Bank
This Leading International Investment Bank is looking to recruit a finalist / newly qualified accountant to join its dynamic finance function. Reporting into the Head of Management Reporting this is an exceptional opportunity for a nearly or newly qualified accountant to take on a commercial management accounting role and really add value.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Analyse month-end cost and investigate anomalies/variances to budget.
- Provide finance support to key divisional heads and other business managers - in doing so ensure Finance's understanding of the business infrastructure is maintained.
- Assist in the annual budget cycle and half-yearly reforecast, providing pertinent information to the composition of the budget/forecast figures.
- Oversee the allocation of costs from back office functions to front office functions through the review of allocation methodologies and process as required.
- Be pro-active in process development /improvement
- Assist in the production of analysis of the expense base, for inclusion in:
- Monthly reports submitted to the Executive Committee.
- Monthly management account packs and commentaries.
- Quarterly reporting packs submitted to the Board and Head Office.
- Provide ad-hoc support to line management, the team, divisional heads and other managers as appropriate in the resolution of queries, with supporting analysis.
- Liaise with other areas within the bank as required to investigate postings to the GL system and provide guidance where applicable to ensure correct accounting treatment is being used.
As the ideal candidate you will be either finalist or newly qualified ACCA or CIMA with some experience in a management accounting role. Alternatively you will be an ACA qualified accountant from a top tier practice.
You will be an excellent communicator with strong systems and analytical skills.