Head of Art
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced art teacher to head up the art department at a secondary academy school in Enfield. The successful Art teacher / HOD Art is required for September 2017 and will be joining a school rated by Ofsted as being "good in all areas". Situated in the borough of Enfield, a short walk from a London overground station is this co-educational school that caters for children aged 11 to 19. Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are encouraged to apply. Interviews are to be held during this month.
About the Role
- HOD Art / Art Teacher
- New timetable is currently being confirmed
- Teaching and management responsibilities
- Permanent contract
- MPS - £35,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
- Examination results are good, with students achieving high results
- The building has been recently developed
- Bright and spacious classrooms
- Ofsted rated "good in all areas" aiming to be outstanding in next inspection
- Relatively new school which is part of a supportive trust of academies
- Modern and dynamic approach to teaching and learning
- The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and staff
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (preferable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to quoting Job Reference number RXN29124D.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £250 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.