Registered Care Home Manager - Chelmsford Essex
Our client a UK wide care provider for older adults are currently seeking a registered care home manager for their 26 bedded residential home in Chelmsford.This beautiful care home which incorporates an attractive converted timber barn is surrounded by tranquil gardens and is located in a quiet residential area of North Springfield in Essex.The home also has easy access to the local shops and transport links for members of family wishing to visit or residents to enjoy trips out. The home currently cares for predominantly elderly residents with Dementia and Alzheimers and also offers both respite and palliative care.
As a registered care manager you will have a minimum of two years experience managing an elderly residential service of a similar or larger size and will also have a sound knowledge of the running of an EMI unit. .You will hold a QCF level 4 or equivalent and be up to date with current CQC legislation.As the registered care manager you will report directly to the regional manager and work closely with the operations team regarding all aspects of the home. As the newly appointed manager you will have precious satisfactory CQC reports from your last two previous residential/Nursing homes.
Some of your duties will include but not be limited to :
- Ensure processes are in place that adhere to CQC guidelines
- Ensure staff maximise their potential through ongoing training and development
- Complete regular audits of all medications,staff files and finances in the home
- Take an active part in the recruitment of the home
- Take responsibility for areas of development in the home
- Build good relationships with commissioners, medical professionals and families.
- provide leader ship and guidance to care staff
- Complete staff rotas and be on call for emergencies out of hours
- Complete regular care plan/risk assessment reviews with the MDT and families
- Be responsible for taking on and assessing new referrals from other homes and hospital settings.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a registered care manager who is looking to progress the health and social care field to join an ever growing company who are at the top of their game.
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory references covering five years and be subject to an enhanced criminal record check.