Application Development Co-ordinator
With a presence in 59 countries, and 160,000 employees serving the needs of 103 million customers, AXA is big. In fact, we’re the world’s number one insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. But we’re not too big to care for – or listen to - everyone who works with us. You see, we value your ideas and your experience. We want you to continue to develop and grow, and we’ll offer you all the learning, development and progression opportunities you need for your professional skills and career to flourish.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Application Development Co-ordinator to participate in the development of core applications for the Health Services division of AXA PPP healthcare. Health Services offers a range of health and wellbeing services to corporate customers including Occupational Health, Employee Assistance Programmes, Musculoskeletal Health and Proactive Health.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Eastbourne.
What you will be doing
You’ll manage the flow of complex queries escalated from Application Support to the Application Development team; providing analysis, recommendations and implementation of fixes (where possible) and escalate issues to the Application Development Manager when appropriate.
Supporting the development and maintenance of core applications (principally AXIS and PIWS) you’ll ensure business and client requirements are addressed and implemented on an on-going basis.
You’ll provide analysis of complex user or business requirements and support the Application Development Manager in day to day technical decision making regarding design, implementation and testing of all new features.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery schedule (project plan) for each application development cycle, ensuring accountability for timely delivery and escalating issues to the Application Development Manager if required.
Responsible for requirement analysis, providing documentation, translation into technical requirements and solution implementation
You’ll co-ordinate and manage system testing and UAT activities.
Supporting the delivery of training activities ensuring that adequate technical input is available for the production of relevant system training materials and delivery of training programmes.
Who are we looking for
- Relevant IT qualification (can be supplemented by work experience)
- Microsoft CRM experience desirable but not essential
- Proven business analysis experience
- Working experience and track record in 1st /2nd line technical support, software development projects, system testing and UAT
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Highly analytical, results-driven approach
- Project management experience desirable but not essential
What we can offer you
Our working environment is about the people which make us one of the Best Big companies to work for in the UK (Sunday Times) as voted by our own people. As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits;
- An excellent performance related yearly bonus
- Defined Contribution “Money Purchase” scheme (pension)
- Pension Top Up, paying additional voluntary contributions to increase your retirement benefit
- Generous holiday + Bank Holidays
- Buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days holiday each year
- Life Cover: 10 x Base Salary linked to our pension scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Interest free loan scheme to help you buy season tickets for travel and parking
- An award winning Career Development programme
- External Discounts and My AXA Products & Discounts
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer