Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Purchase Ledger Supervisor
£23,000 - £26,500 per annum DOE plus benefits
Bath - Commutable from Bristol, Keynsham, Devizes, Swindon, Trowbridge, Melksham, Chippenham
Ambridge Harris is looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Supervisor on behalf of our client based in Bath.
The successful candidate will be based within the purchase ledger function, supporting the Purchase Ledger Manager and Financial Controller in ensuring the smooth running of the team as well as supporting external and Reconciliations team when required.
- Managing resources within the team, working on task prioritisation during peak periods and monitoring the team's workloads to ensure the teams tasks are completed on time.
- Organising and monitoring the team to ensure SLA's are hit
- Responsible for training, maintaining standards and process compliance within the team; ensuring they are responding promptly and resolving problems fully
- Escalating issues to the Purchase Ledger Manager in a timely manner
- All payments and refunds matched to invoices and credit notes in the month. All payments and refunds allocated to the right supplier account in the month
- All monthly and quarterly supplier account tidy up completed to the tidy up schedule unless otherwise agreed with the Financial Controller. PL reviewed monthly for accounts to be added or removed from the tidy up schedule.
- Post month end review of statement recs to ensure actions captured are completed
- Identifying errors & investigating underlying reasons for them and implementing process change or additional staff training as required
- System expert for the purchase ledger function including system maintenance
- Working with the PL Manager on documenting the purchase ledger process
- Receiving, coding, posting of purchase invoices with a high degree of accuracy, minimising errors
- Ensuring the team are meeting high daily processing targets, completing daily tasks, allocating set time to tidy up and setting up new suppliers onto the finance system
- Ensuring all invoices over 48 hours are placed in the urgent trays first thing every morning
- Maintaining the daily & monthly processing invoice count spreadsheets for the Purchase Ledger Manager to help them calculate future resource
- Ensuring remittance advices are sent to suppliers
Skills & Experience:
- AAT Qualified - or equivalent qualification/experience
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills (Including Microsoft Excel V look ups & pivot tables)
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
- Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful