Business Intelligence Developer
Brightside Insurance is a top 20 insurance broker and are recruiting for a talented Business Intelligence Analyst to join an established and innovative MI team.
This exciting position would be perfect for a recent Computer Science graduate with some commercial experience, or for a more established Analyst looking for an exciting new opportunity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial financial services environment.
- This person is a member of the MI development team and is responsible for converting the business requirements into fit for purpose and robust BI solution.
- To support existing ETL process and make sure data are loaded into ODS on agreed SLAs.
- To provide accurate and timely information to all business levels both internally and externally
- To provide an analytical approach to considering issues and opportunities within the business intelligence environment
- To manipulate and transform large data sets into meaningful information and provide means of discovering the intelligence within the data (trends/variations)
- Work with the business directly and through technical business analyst to define BI requirement.
- Develop robust and easy to maintain ETL to transform and load data into data warehouse.
- Develop standard look and feel for all reports through Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources including Analysis Services Cubes and relational databases.
- Optimize TSQL and MDX query performance to meet agreed SLA
- Develop sophisticate, well performed reports, dashboards.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on development experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 (or higher).
- Strong TSQL and SSIS skills.
- Good SSRS on report development
- Excellent performance tuning on T-SQL and ETL.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Good understanding of Kimball Data Warehouse concept.
- Experience of using Tableau
- Experience of building cubes using SSAS