- Assistant Accountant
- £25,000- £30,000 plus benefits
- West London
- Fast growth Retail business
An Assistant Accountant is required to work for a growing Retail business based in West London. This a fantastic opportunity to work for a NASDAQ listed business and develop your career within a successful business.
You will be reporting to the Accounting Manager and working closely with the Financial Controller on various projects. This role is very broad and will involve taking full ownership for the accounts payable process, assisting with month end and producing reports for inventory checks. Duties will include:
- Processing up to 250 invoices per month
- Preparing payment runs
- VAT returns
- Liaising with non-finance stakeholders for invoice queries
- Handling intercompany transactions including dealing with foreign currency
- Intrastat reporting
- Handling bank postings and reconciliations for 8 accounts on a monthly basis
- Point of contact for any supplier queries
- Analyzing and manipulating large volumes of data
- Handling supplier statement reconciliations
- Heavily involved in process improvements
- Ad-hoc project work
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified/finalist with a minimum of 2-3 exams remaining and at least 2-3 years’ experience handling the end to end Accounts Payable function and bank reconciliations. ACCA/CIMA studiers with the relevant experience will also be considered. You must have good Excel skills (including pivot tables & v-lookups). Knowledge of JD Edwards is advantageous. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and you must be a confident individual that has the ability to build effective relationships with key suppliers and non-finance stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a varied role that will give you the opportunity and skills needed to progress your finance career further. In return for your hard work you will be entitled to a generous benefits package which will include study support. You will be working in a friendly and sociable environment where hard work is rewarded and internal progression is strongly encouraged.