Junior 1st line IT Support Engineer
Junior 1st line global support role working for the Global Telecoms Trade Body
Your new company
My client is the global telecoms trade body, representing hundreds of telecoms giants. This client has headquarters in London with offices in America, Hong Kong, Barcelona, Brussels, and New Delhi.
Your new role
As part of a small, but highly skilled and experienced team, you will provide Global Support to circa 800 staff located across the globe. Your goal will be to provide end-user support to a high level, and work on additional projects, such as the identification and implementation of new services and technologies.
- Provide front line IT Support Monday through Friday, covering the hours of 9am - 5:30pm
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Ensure work is completed in line with KPI targets and defines SLAs
- Build and Deploy Laptops to end users, globally.
- Provide support for Tablet & Smart Phone devices i.e. Blackberry, iOS and Android.
- Set up new Network user accounts on Active Directory.
- Liaise with 3rd party support and vendor companies as needed.
- Provide timely reports on the status of project work.
- Assist in the auditing and asset-management of company hardware and software.
What you'll need to succeed
*******Please only apply for this role if you meet ALL of the below criteria. Only candidates who do will be considered for this role*******
- 1-3 years IT industry experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of Desktops, Laptops and Mobile devices
- Server Support / Administration. Setting up new users, access rights, passwords
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting skills
- Experience of Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Mac OS X.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of standard Microsoft Office suites
- A practical understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of MS Exchange. Exposure to Microsoft Office 365 is advantageous
- Microsoft Lync Experience
- Exposure to enterprise grade Anti-Virus solutions
- Experience with SCCM advantageous
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good telephone manner and an exceptional customer service attitude required.
- Experience of Helpdesk Systems.
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician or other MCP certifications an advantage but not essential
- CompTIA A+ and ITIL certifications an advantage but not essential
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.