Apprentice Software Developer
Apprentices will be joining our new solution development team and be mentored by our CTO as we define our solution roadmap and strategy, Whilst this is a role that ultimately yields commercial output there is a strong emphasis on learning and innovation. Apprentices are encouraged to experiment and to bring ideas to the table.
What you`ll be doing as an Apprentice Software Developer
- Undertake frontend and backend development, and implementing application programme interfaces (APIs) for internal and external use.
- Building a robust suite of automated test scripts to support a Continuous Development environment.
- Deliver prototyping, proof of concepts.
- Work with Cloud based services such as AWS.
- Contribute ideas to application roadmap.
- Contribute to the development standards and good practices for technology development and associated documentation.
- Through involvement in the wider development community, identify good practices that can be adopted and shared across the development team.
- Ensure knowledge of tools and techniques is shared with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- Deliver 2nd and 3rd line support for the effective operation of applications and platforms.
What experience / skills do I need?
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- We are a retail focussed consultancy and as such any exposure to this sector is advantageous.
**Please note - as this is a level 4 apprenticeship, we can't progress candidates forward if they hold any of the following qualifications: Undergraduate / Masters Degree, HND / HNC or Certificates of Higher Education.**
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning industry training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your 12 month IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry-recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 12 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognized qualifications, a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 24 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.
**This company is an equal opportunities employer who values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**