Project Offshore Accountant
The Project Offshore Accountant will act as liaison between the Finance and Project team. The successful candidate will be studying towards CIMA or ACCA and ideally at the final stages but also will have excellent system skills in particular Excel. We expect the individual to be an excellent communicator who can work to strict deadlines and has strong organisational skills. A problem solver who can work independently as well as in a team are also requirements we are looking for.
My leading Oil and Gas sector client are seeking a Project Offshore Accountant who will take full responsibility for involvement in and controlling and monitoring the progress of a major offshore project based out of offices in the Lowestoft area
Project Offshore Accountant duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with Project Management team and in particular Planning/Cost Engineer.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services related to billing.
- Maintain project related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorise the transfer of expenses into and out of project related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices and time sheets related to the project.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to Senior Management.
- Report on project profitability to Management and advise on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Create or approve all project related billings to customers and investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers.
- Approve the write off of any project related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow.
- Provide financial reports to management, around weekly flash reports, expense reports, spend reports, and supplier payment reports.
- Provide Project Accounting support to the Project Management team and Finance department.
- Liaise with Finance Manager in preparation of Management Accounts.
Project Offshore Accountant experience and qualifications:
- Several years experience in a similar role preferably in the Offshore sector.
- CIMA/ ACCA/ AAT
- Excellent system skills and in particular Excel.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work well with others
- Can work within strict deadlines and respond to changes in priorities.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and see projects through to completions
- Problem solving skills and analysis.
Great competitive market package