Job Title: Mechanical EstimatorLocation: SidcupSalary: £35,000-£40,000 per annumThe Role:
Do you want to work in a fun and friendly environment? Do you want to be a part of a family run company that if going through a period of success and growth?Our client is a well-known and respected building services contractor who are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to join them in their new office.Responsibilities include:
- Accurately quantify materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects.
- Ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour are satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Attend and contribute at tender stage/strategy design innovation meetings.
- Undertake the assessment of tender bids.
- Prepare estimate by hand or utilising computer aided systems including input of data, ensuring that appraisal procedures are adhered to throughout.
- Produce summary sheet and associated documents and presentation of the package for tender adjudication to meet deadlines.
- Prepare client documentation on completion of tender, including production of associated correspondences.
- Prepare post-tender reports.
- Prepare files to laid-down standards.
- Attend and contribute to mid and post-tender interviews.
- In relation to preparation of tenders, attend site surveys and liaise with other departments, suppliers and subcontractors to tender submission stage.
- Negotiate lowest prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time that fall within the scope of the position.
- Work safely in accordance with the company`s current health and safety policy and procedures.
Main Objective:To achieve a monthly acceptance rate that matches the company`s target turnover: this will be one of the measures for the performance of the department.Think this could be the perfect role for you? Apply online or get in touch with Alex from our Dartford Perms Division. We look forward to hearing from you!EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIESSwanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.