Apprentice Software Developer
We are seeking a confident and creative apprentice to work within our development & support team, providing IT support and on-going software development of the company`s existing business management software, website, android apps & web applications.
As an Apprentice Software Developer reporting to the Senior Software Developer your job includes:
- Support and assist the company`s Senior IT software developer.
- Design, develop, test and issue updates to existing internal business management software systems, web sites and web applications etc.
- Design, develop, test and issue new internal and external software, systems and applications etc.
- Monitor & undertake key projects within a team.
- Provide a high level of customer care.
What experience and skills do I need?
- You`ll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
Qualified to Level 3 in IT software development, candidates should have practical knowledge and an appropriate level of experience with:
- Detailed Knowledge of at least 2 of the following:
- VB.net or C#
- MS SQL Server 2008
- You might also have (but don`t need):
- Java Script (jQuery)
**Please note - as this is a level 4 apprenticeship, we can't progress candidates forward if they hold any of the following qualifications: Undergraduate / Masters Degree, HND / HNC or Certificates of Higher Education.**
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
During your 24 month IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry-recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 24 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognized qualifications, a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 24 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will have the opportunity for a permanent position.