Senior Buyer Chassis
Ever fancied working for an instantly recognisable manufacturing business with an iconic brand and a reputation for the highest levels of quality? Looking to progress your career and work for a business that will work with you to develop your skills and offer you long term career prospects? Managed direct procurement spend within a complex manufacturing / engineering business, ideally including Chassis? Then this Senior Buyer Chassis opening could be just the role you are looking for!
The successful Senior Buyer Chassis will be joining a business that is entering a significant growth phase, one that will allow it to continue expanding its globally recognised range and fulfil the increased demand for its products. The business benefits from an enviable reputation for producing products of the highest quality, and procurement is evolving to play an ever more pro-active, innovative role in decreasing costs and improving margins.
As Senior Buyer Chassis you will take full strategic responsibility for working closely with engineering and delivering best in class procurement service relating to all aspects of Chassis. Key responsibilities of this role include cost data evaluation, supplier performance management, delivery of departmental cost saving and performance improvement targets, risk mitigation and the adoption of a continuous improvement approach. Procurement in this organisation embraces data and detail, and you will be expected to really know your numbers and be able to articulate clearly to senior stakeholders where your savings / opportunities / improvements are coming from across the team.
To be considered for the Senior Buyer Chassis it is expected you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- MCIPS is advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of managing direct spend within a large, complex manufacturing / engineering environment (ideally including Chassis)
- High degree of analytical ability
- Experience of LCC sourcing
- Excellent communication skills - able to articulate visions and strategies to all levels, from Buyer to Board Room
- Able to challenge the norm, drive innovation and adopt a continuous improvement mindset
In return, the successful Senior Buyer Chassis will receive a remuneration that includes:
- Base salary circa £42-46,000
- Access to privilege car lease scheme
- Individual Performance Bonus and Annual PRP Increase
- Private medical insurance
- 26 days holiday
- Company contributory pension scheme (3% matched for the first 2 years rising to max 12% matched from year 3)
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles