Financial Reporting & Analysis
We are currently recruiting for a global media company.The HQ function houses the head office entities across the international home entertainment, theatrical and networks divisions. It is also home to the corporate ledger internationally and the international acquisitions ledger.
The Senior Accountant is ultimately responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the general ledgers, balance sheet and corporate reporting of certain of the legal entities within HQ finance.
They must ensure that there is a strong control environment to support the business and regularly review processes, identifying potential improvement opportunities.
The Senior Accountant must also ensure that finances are accurately managed in accordance with company policy and the relevant accounting standards.
- Influence key stakeholders at all levels to drive integrity and compliance of key responsibilities.
- Engage and influence cross functional teams on process improvement, compliance, or other projects - requires frequent interaction with all of the Business Unit HQ controllers to present data and influence & manage to ensure that our recharges are accepted in a timely fashion
- Increased communication with the Parent Company in the US and frequent presentations to explain and cross-charge model for all of international employees and entity charges
Month-end / Quarter-end Financial reporting
- Responsible for sign off of Corporate balance sheet reconciliations and others as required
- Identify and address the main risks in order to facilitate a clean close
- Escalate any issues or risks to the divisional controllers / FP&A Manager and suggest timely solutions
- Accounting support for more complex transactions
- Support financial planning and analysis function to drive risk mitigation strategies and positively impact the P&L and/or cash flow
- Run through feedback with Capgemini team on a monthly basis
- Identify synergies between the ledgers and potential efficiencies
- Comcast related inquiries - recharges related to Comcast employees including but not limited to: FMLP, Strategy Team, Rewards, Orlando, other International expansion
- Providing additional JE support and details of invoices related to Comcast charges and being the international HQ coordinator for Comcast
- International Comcast liason for tax, HR, global mobility and other business services
- Long-term incentive planning communication to businesses from Comcast & NBCUniversal
- Quarterly balance sheet and P&L presentation to VP and Manager of Corporate FP&A.
- Completing statutory audit work and internal audit requirements to ensure deadlines are met and key issues escalated to the relevant stakeholder
Governance, 3rd party & internal strategic partnerships
- Support FinOps’ end-to-end P2P and R2R process improvement
- Review FinOps metrics and any mitigation plans proposed
- Quarterly review with divisional teams
- Ad hoc project work as determined by VP and Manager of Corporate FP&A.
- General ledger & HQ support as businesses expand
Skills and Qualifications
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience working with financial accounting systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong influence and communication skills
- Collaborative working style
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to cope in a fast, dynamic environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours with tight deadlines