Senior Database Administrator - £40-45k
Are you passionate about data? A real tech head? This could be the job you’ve been looking for.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and passionate Senior DBA, experienced in installation and administration of MS SQL Servers, to work with our established marketing solutions company based in the South Bristol area.
The company itself, boasts an community atmosphere and spacious modern offices, fully equipped with all the mod cons plus excellent views of the surrounding landscape.
As Senior DBA, you will become an integral part of the project team, responsible for setting the framework for which DBA function operates, provide monthly updates and overlook and manage the development of the Junior DBA.
Please note: Due to the location of the role, you are requires you to have your own car.
- Leading and managing the Junior DBA, including regular one-to- ones, appraisals and development
- Networking with, and recruiting potential colleagues
- Installing Database Server software
- Assisting the IT Manager with potential system issues/risks
- Maintaining and continuously reviewing the framework for Database Admin
- Working closely with the service team to ensure delivery of regular builds.
- Ensuring all builds run smoothly and adheres to agreed SLA’s
- Suggest improvements to the business regarding configuration of SQL Server environments
- Building strong working relationships with other teams within the business
Successful candidates will:
- Have at least 3 years MS SQL Server DBA experience with extensive experience with the installation and administration of SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Experience using SubVersion or similar code management systems
- Have a strong background in sizing, capacity planning and disaster recovery for multi-terabyte databases
- Experience using Prince2/similar methodologies
- Experience writing T-SQL stored procedures and functions
- Experience in creating SSIS packages
In return for your hard work, our client offers a generous package which includes a salary of £40-45k.
If you have the experience we are looking for and are up for a new challenge, please click the 'Apply’ button now!
Please note, Cute Resource Solutions are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.