Senior Full Stack Developer, London
Role: Senior Full Stack Developer
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000
Our client provides one of the UK's leading video hosting platforms. They are committed to helping businesses around the globe realise the full commercial potential of video through a simple and intuitive platform that just works.
Based in London, our client offers flexible working hours based around their core hours of 09:00 - 18:00 day and the potential to work part remotely as well as other benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a pension plan.
Our client is looking for a Full Stack Developer who has a particularly special place in their heart for Ruby. The job is based in the (zone 1) London office working as a senior member of the cross functional Scrum development team. You would be architecting and writing code for the entire platform - with potential to touch everything from backend programming and infrastructure automation through to building amazing user experiences in React.js.
You would ideally have 4+ years mid to senior development experience and a computer science degree or equivalent backing that up. You will have had a significant hand leading a development team through to successful delivery of products and enjoy mentoring your more junior team mates.
Their tech stack looks something like the below. If you have focussed on other technologies, don't worry, they would still love to hear from you.
- Ruby / Rails / Sidekiq / rspec
- MySQL / ElasticSearch
- AWS / Google Cloud Platform
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of their platform
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Interested in guiding your career towards technical leadership
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and an awareness of both its strengths and weaknesses (2+ years)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (4+ years)
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Rails or similar web application frameworks (Django, Laravel)
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Experience with relational databases (we use MySQL)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Confident using git for source control
- Comfortable working in an environment with continuous integration
- Knowledge of background processing with Sidekiq, Resque or similar tools
- Bonus points for familiarity with ETL toolchains such as Hadoop / EMR / etc.
- Degree level education or industry experience