Service Desk Analyst at University of London Computer Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Computer Science or related graduate as a Service Desk Analyst, for a 6 month internship at The University of London Computer Centre (ULCC).
This is a full time Graduate position starting in ASAP. The position has potential for further extension and there may be a permanent role available following a successful internship.
Established in 1968, University of London Computer Centre (ULCC) has evolved into a highly respected and innovative brand within the academic and not-for-profit sector.
The ULCC Service Desk is the first line of contact at ULCC and is responsible for the monitoring, logging, diagnosing and fault-handling for a number of national and international IT services. These include: ICT Support for the central University of London; Web and E-Learning Services for 200 external customers, Hosting Services support, Corporate Business Systems system administration and the Desktop Services groups.
The Service Desk team is committed to providing stable ICT services to their customers. All members of the team are technical and driven by a desire to provide the best services possible, to delight our customers and continually search for innovation in improving our offerings. The main focus of the team is the delivery and support of existing IT services and proactively ensuring and reporting capacity and availability. The Service Desk Analyst will be expected to be both customer-facing, have a good technical background to resolve calls at a 1st and preferably 2nd line and show a professional approach at all times.
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join ULCC’s Central ICT Services Department as a Service Desk Analyst Intern to support all ULCC services under a central service desk model. Duties will include:
· Support the day-to-day operation of the Service Desk by logging tickets in a call logging system that have come in via email or telephone.
· Provide excellent customer service during any customer contact
· Categorise incidents logged and assess them according to urgency and impact
· Attempt to resolve incidents at 1st line and 2nd line for all ULCC Services or refer to 3rd line support if necessary
· Monitor and escalate all incidents/service requests in accordance with agreed service levels
· Keep customers informed of status and progress of calls logged
· Ensure that operational procedures and work instructions (to ISO9001 and ITILv3 standards) are correctly followed.
Through the internship, the graduate will gain first-hand experience of working in a busy ICT environment based on ITIL standards. This experience, especially of working in a busy ICT environment, would open up doors into a future fast tracked career in IT.
You must be a graduate from a Computer Science or IT-related degree. Further skills and experiences:
· Experience of working in a busy service desk or call centre environment would be preferable.
· A computing background is also preferable as the candidate will be expected to capture the information clearly and troubleshoot at 1st line.
· Any ITIL v2 or v3 knowledge would be very desirable.
· Good knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Operating systems such as Windows XP or Windows 7 would be desirable.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products and troubleshooting also highly desirable.
· Experience or understanding of using any ITSM (IT Service Management Call logging system) would be highly desirable.
· ITIL v2 or v3 support experience desirable.
· Any Microsoft IT qualifications would be desirable
The intern will be paid £329 per week