Trade Finance Officer
We are currently recruiting for a Trade Finance Officer to join an Operations department of an international bank based in London.
Key duties will include:
- Input of transactions into SWIFT and CreDoc systems
- Issuing and advising and amending letters of credit
- Letter of credit document checking
- Following up Branch/FI for discrepant documents
- Production of all related work, including operating Word/Excel
- Issuing and amending Guarantees
- Reconciling liabilities/acceptances for letters of credit and liabilities for guarantees
- Reconciling letters of credit and guarantee fees receivables
- Producing various EOQ and EOY reports
- Letter of credit payments
- Discounting of L/C's
- Processing/booking TF Receivables discounting transactions originated by TF
- Preparing transactions for processing by Trade Finance Operations
- Support collation of facility documentation
- Support KYC tasks in respect of Trade Finance clients, including involvement in the account opening process.
- Analysis of Letters of Credit received and Requests to Issue Letters of Credit received from our Clients to determine workability. Challenge/escalate any contradictory clauses.
- Perform checks on all parties to transactions including internet searches and Accuity checks and understand when potential hits need to be escalated.
Key experience will include:
- At least 3 years' experience working in an Operational area handling Trade Finance transactions.
- Strong inter-personal skills and previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
- Good understanding of Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees and how a guarantee should be structured
- Good understanding of requirements in respect of Compliance/AML/Sanctions. The ability to pick up and investigate potential red-flags. Review for potential dual use goods and have a full understanding of the Bank's military goods policy.
- A strong knowledge of all trade products (Guarantees / LC's / Receivables Finance) and all aspects of international trade operations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of International Chamber of Commerce Publications relative to International Trade Finance and Trade Operations.
- Strong verbal, documentation and writing skills.
This is an ongoing temporary role and the client is willing to pay a competitive market rate for this position.