Steinhoff UK Retail has a unique opportunity, within their Harvey's Furniture brand, for an experienced Buyers Assistant to provide essential support to both the Head of Buying and Assistant Buyer throughout the complete Buying Cycle. Based at our head office in Dartford you will be rewarded with a salary of £20,000 per annum.
Steinhoff UK Retail, owners of Harvey’s and Bensons for Beds employs over 3000 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 400 retail stores across the UK. As our Buyers Assistant you will use and manage the Critical Path and ensure that all work streams and deadlines are completed in accordance to set timescales.
The successful Buyers Assistant will be working within the furniture product area for Harveys Furniture, with a focus on upholstery and all leather and fabric sofas. Consistently demonstrating the customer-focused vision of delivering the customer promise, you will utilise and manage the Buyers Admin for all Ad Hoc duties that arise within the Buying department.
Your key responsibilities and duties within the role of Buyers Assistant will consist of:
- Ensuring all ranges launch in line with swatch books, new inserts or customer takeaway swatches.
- Working with Harvey’s Furniture's technical team for all new sample launches to ensure samples reports have been made and that testing teams are aware of New Product Information set up.
- Ensuring product is on the web as part of critical path and ensuring dates are maintained.
- Requesting and collating all details for New Product Introduction launches in advance of product set up.
- Managing timeframes against the critical path to ensure all parties are aware of the product set up position.
- Taking accountability for ensuring that all new and existing product ranges have full cut out imagery and lifestyle shots to support marketing and digital needs.
- Supporting the marketing function with product copy, product nominations and ensuring product details are checked prior to print runs.
- Managing regular monthly comparative shops ensuring product range is in line and competitive.
The successful Buyers Assistant will also have joint accountabilities including; suggesting and checking all new product names, logging all samples arrive at and leaving the premises, and liaising with stores to maintain relationships and achieve requirements.
What makes you the perfect Buyers Assistant?
- Previous experience within a Buying function role
- Knowledge of margin calculation
- Understanding of open costing and the use of cost model tools
- Knowledge of production processes and their implications on the delivery of product in a timely manner
- Ability to analyse sales figures - identifying best/worst sellers
- Ability to work towards objectives and performance standards agreed with Line Manager
- Demonstrate interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with Suppliers, Merchandising and Technology
- Demonstrable Influencing and organisational skills
- Ability to travel nationwide and some international travel
In return we will reward you with a starting salary of £20,000 per annum and the chance to add value to a market leader currently going through an exciting period.
If you are genuinely passionate about a career in buying within the furniture sector for Harvey's Furniture, then click apply to become our next Buyers Assistant. We can’t wait to hear from you.