Family Operations Adviser - Colchester
Family Operations Adviser
Family Operations Hub
Salary from £17,300 to £24,000 per annum (Pro rata)
Permanent, Part time contract 22.5 hours per week
This is a key role as part of ECC Family Operations ensuring that the `Single Point of Entry` is accessible by professionals, members of the public and families. Advisers will work with a team of senior staff to ensure that children and families receive a prompt and appropriate response to concerns and risks, making sure that all contact is dealt with safely and efficiently.
Job Purpose Summary
- Responding to enquiries and referrals via a range of sources including telephone and email from professionals, members of the public and families.
- Proactively gathering information and recording in line with procedures and legislation to ensure that families in Essex receive the most appropriate level of support in a timely manner through either robust information, advice and guidance or onward referral to the appropriate team.
The Family Operations Hub is the largest office based team in Family Operations and is now the single point of access to both Children's Social Care and Family Solutions.
The first thing you notice about the Hub is the environment; there is a real buzz with a large friendly Team with colleagues sharing their knowledge and providing support to ensure that the most effective support is offered in a timely manner.
The hub is the countywide 'front door' to Children's Social Care and is made up of Family Advisors and Social Workers who act as the first point of contact for members of the public and professionals to raise concerns about the welfare and safety of Children in Essex.
The Family Operations Hub work within core hours of 8.45-5.30 Monday to Friday (regular set hours which is beneficial for those with family / external commitments) from their offices based on Colchester Business Park with easy access to the A12 and only a 30 minute drive from Ipswich Town Centre, and there is a large free car park on site
Why not check out what our current team have to say about working in the Family Operations Hub Kirsty Cadwell - Senior Practitioner
Skills and Knowledge
- A knowledge and understanding of current national and local safeguarding legislation and procedures including the Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex guidance and the Children`s Act.
- Good general level of education including English at GCSE grade A-C, or demonstrably equivalent abilities.
- Experience of communicating by telephone and electronically recording information promptly and in adherence with data protection legislation.
- Understanding of high quality customer care and information provision and an appreciation of potential barriers and challenges for hard to reach groups.
- High level of inter-personal, negotiation and communication skills, engaging at appropriate levels with a variety of audiences.
- Confidence and working experience of IT systems including using a range of recording systems.
- Awareness of Health and Safety at Work
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *.
*Calls to this number will cost 7 pence per minute plus your telephone company's access charge
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of its employees,
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.