Our client is a global enterprise and is looking to recruit an experienced, proactive & versatile Test Analyst for their Newcastle Site. You will be required to work on all aspects of verification and validation of the client’s products & solutions.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Analyse software/system/application requirements.
- Create or assist in creating test plans.
- Obtain or create test data required for testing.
- Set up required test beds/environments.
- Create or assist in creating assigned test automation.
- Test software releases by executing assigned tests.
- Record test results and capture appropriate evidence.
- Report bugs to the development team, via the defect management tool.
- Report progress to the QA manager and other stakeholders when required.
- Update test cases based on discovered bugs.
- Provide inputs to the team to improve the testing approach/strategy.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant technology and popular testing tools & techniques.
- Investigate, analyse and replicate Customer Incidents within test environments.
- Provide feedback and support for customer fix/improvement plans.
- Review user guide, release notes and other product related documents.
Experience & qualification requirements
- Experience in a software testing role & of working with various software development lifecycle (SDLC) models (traditional/agile).
- Experience of testing web based applications.
- Experience and knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Hands on testing experience across multiple test phases; functional testing, system testing, integration testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, usability testing.
- Degree, or equivalent, in a technical discipline.
- ISTQB or equivalent.
- Experience of REST APIs or SOAP web services with JSON or XML message payloads.
- Experience in automation testing and associated tool sets (e.g. Ranorex, selenium, Monkey Talk)
- Experience in the testing of applications running on Linux.
- Experience of SQL, creating and running database queries.
Salary: Upto £35,000 plus excellent candidate.