Admissions & Discharge Coordinator - Neuro Rehab Physio or OT
We have an exciting opportunity for a Rehab Admissions & Discharge Coordinator (Qualified AHP professional) to join our department based at our facility in St Johns Wood, NW8 9LE.
The Wellington Hospital has the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK with a team of circa 60 trained therapists across Physio, OT, SLT & Psychiatry. We provide comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability (to patients aged 18 and over).
As a Rehab Admissions & Discharge Coordinator you will provide a holistic assessment and advice service to internally and externally referred patients for admission to the Neurological Rehabilitation Unit.
* This is a full-time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/week (Monday - Friday)
* The projected salary range is £36,937 - £44,271 per annum, dependent on experience.
* Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, In-service training available, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Undertaking patient assessments taking into account consideration of medical/surgical status and nursing and therapy needs as well as funding resources available.
* Formulate comprehensive and holistic multidisciplinary pre-admission reports for referrers, commissioners, insurance companies and patients.
* To ascertain and facilitate the patient's discharge plan in a timely manner.
* To provide clinical support to the Rehabilitation Administration Office in respect of dealing with clinical queries from prospective patients, carers, consultants or embassies.
* Support the marketing & PR activities for the Neurorehabilitation unit, promoting the unit, including the organisation of seminars and PR functions as well as attendance at exhibitions and conferences.
* Develop relevant policies, guidelines and protocols in relation to the admissions pathway
Skills & Experience
* Qualified AHP professional qualification (HCPC Registration).
* Post registration experience as a Senior Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist.
* We would also consider a Registered Neuro Rehab Nurse (RGN - Band 7 or 8).
* Experience in the field of neuro-rehabilitation, including stroke and head injury rehabilitation with the ability to predict outcomes based on prognostic factors.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with consultants, clients, carers, team members and other agencies.
* Excellent planning, decision making and prioritisation skills with the ability to work under pressure.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.