Editorial Assistant Internship B2B Marketing London
This company is an events and publishing company that runs regular digital marketing seminars and conferences. As well as an extensive website featuring in-depth essays, profiles, marketing case studies and video content, the company publishes a quarterly print B2B magazine dedicated to the latest insights into digital marketing.
This is a 3 month internship paying NMW with the opportunity to go permanent.
What does the company do?
Our client is a north London-based event’s organiser and publisher who specialise in digital marketing. They organise a variety of seminars and conferences where brands and agencies come together to discuss ideas and build business relationships. Their independent print magazine features expert insight, opinion, in-depth interviews and case studies. You’ll find their website full of editorial articles and supplier profiles.
How you can expect to spend your day:
- Researching and writing feature articles for both web and print.
- Sourcing images.
- Conducting interviews with industry experts and turning it into thought-provoking copy.
- Proofreading copy to ensure it is of high standard and grammatically correct.
- Assisting in the production stages of the print magazine.
- Keeping aware of developments in the digital marketing sector and identifying potential news stories and articles.
- Turning technical and in-depth information into easy-to-digest copy.
- Working with marketing agencies to write up, proof read and showcase their case studies.
- Moderating and uploading content and images through in-house CMS.
- Occasionally attending and reporting on company events.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- A background in editorial, including long-form feature writing and proofreading.
- An interest in digital media, digital marketing, social media and technology for marketing.
- Strong time and work management skills.
- Confident in editorial decisions and adapting tone.
- Able to take complex, detailed information and turn it into accessible, engaging and scrupulously accurate copy.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and CMS.
- Comfortable using social media.
- Familiar with copyright law.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Fun, hard-working environment
- Part of a close-knit team
- Strong potential for a full-time role
- Opportunities to meet and network with many high-profile people within the digital marketing industry