Disability Assessor/Personal Functional Assessor (PIP) Physiotherapist - Ipswich
Talento Recruitment is one of the fastest growing recruitment consultancies in the UK. We are suppliers of permanent candidates into the Nursing, Health & Social Care sectors as well as HR sectors.
I am currently looking for a full time Physiotherapist to work in Ipswich as a Disability Assessor/Personal Functional Assessor (PIP).
As a Disability Assessor you will join an established team of highly skilled health care professionals. The role on offer is both challenging and rewarding; you will utilise your clinical and evidence based knowledge, highly tuned interpersonal skills and examination skills to determine how disabilities or impairments (from a range of health conditions) impact on activities of daily living. You will assess individuals who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and the role has flexible working days and hours.
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
- Undertake medical examinations in a sympathetic and empathetic way, provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments).
- Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner to the DWP.
- Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
- Assessments will take place within an Assessment Centre working alongside other clinical staff delivering similar assessments.
Candidates must have a minimum 2 years post qualification experience in the UK.
Starting salary of £32,000 rising to £33,000 on approval.
Additional benefits include:
- CPD Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension
- Clinical support and structure in place to help support you
Please call Leanne Irving for more information about this role or apply online.