Trade Counter Assistant - Plumbing & Heating Merchant
How would you like to work for a company rated 'Outstanding’ by its employees? Can you apply our values of Loyalty, Integrity and Ambition into any task you undertake and every customer you meet and promote our goals of 'Best Products, Best Price and Best Service’?
As a 'Trade Only’ supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 40 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs 230 employees over 31 sites in the Southern Home Counties.
Williams & Co is proud to be a Living Wage Foundation Employer, and we are looking for a Trade Counter Assistant. If you feel you have the skills and attributes to succeed in this role, please apply through our website now!
4 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays (increases with length of service)
Private Medical Insurance (After qualifying period)
Death in Service of 4 x annual salary
Training and Development
Opportunity for shared ownership
Duties will include telephone sales and assisting on the trade counter, ordering stock and ensuring that our customers receive the outstanding service that they deserve.
Working as part of the sales team your input will be vital in ensuring the success of this busy branch.
- Serving of customers on the trade counter and associated tasks
- Replenishing of stock and keeping front of house presentable
- Picking of orders
- Answering of telephones
- Assistance in the warehouse where necessary
- Computer operation including assistance with the day to day paperwork
- Previous trade counter and plumbing and heating products experience preferred, although not essential as training will be provided
- Numerate & literate
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be physically fit as the role includes some heavy lifting