This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a brand-new role within the finance team, reporting into the Tax Manager. This generalist tax role will be responsible for managing compliance and supporting the Tax Manager with providing advice and support to the business. The role will be roughly 80:20 Compliance / Advisory split and will give the right candidate excellent exposure to all areas of the business, as well as the opportunity to show off their abilities off through process implementation and improvement - This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Management and submission of all VAT returns
- Monitoring distance selling thresholds and registering for VAT in EU countries when required
- Meeting all relevant deadlines for reporting and payments
- Working closely with the Operations team to submit Intrastat and EC Sales List information
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT balance sheet accounts.
- Monitoring cross border VAT, customs and duties
- Collation of data and calculation of Quarterly Installment payment
- Year-end corporation tax computations - data gathering and validation
- Data gathering for the R&D submission.
- Supporting the Capital Allowances calculations.
- Reconciliation of the Corp Tax Balance sheet accounts.
Employment & Other Taxes
- Collate the details required for the annual PSA submission.
- Support the HR team with P11D filing requirements as required.
Providing other ad hoc support that may arise as the company grows, including but not limited to:
- Due Diligence requests
- SAO & CCO Implementation
- New subsidiary set up
- PO creation and budget tracking
- ERP system improvement
- Supporting the Year End Audit process
Skills & attributes
- Used to working in a fast paced & demanding environment
- Knowledge of VAT in a retail company
- Experience with HMRC filings
- European VAT & Distance Selling management
- Advanced excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot tables, Sum If, Indirect etc)
- Good ERP systems knowledge - previous experience of Netsuite an asset but not required
- Flexible & proactive self-starter with an eagerness to learn.
- ATT or equivalent QBE
Salary £40,000 to £45,000