One of the World's largest financial services organisations is recruiting an experienced accountant for their city based office. A broad and varied positon you will primarily be responsible for producing monthly management accounts, and preparing VAT and corporation tax returns. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to supervise and mentor two junior members of the Group accounting team.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management reports
- Review of month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly Consolidation Package reporting
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for UK Companies
- Preparation of VAT and Corporation Tax returns for UK Companies
- Support the continual development of the departments' processes and procedures.
- Assist audit and internal controls compliance
Skills and background
- Accounting knowledge gained within an International accounting environment.
- Good technical accounting skills (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Good Excel skills (Vlook up and Pivot Table), Words, and PowerPoint
- Familiarisation will SAP will be beneficial
You do not necessarily need to be fully-qualified for the position but should however be experienced in producing accounts under UK GAAP. Financial Services experience is not a must, although you will need prior experience of working within a large finance function, preferably within a multinational business.