Senior Technical Specialist - Networks
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist - Networks
Work Location: Coventry, UK
Role Type: Permanent
Our client, UK’s leading financial institution are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist - Networks to deliver technical solutions across multiple disciplines, contributing to and aligning with architectural strategy to deliver to project or programme timescales. You will be accountable for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps.
Ensure compliance with policies, processes and standards and delivery is to the desired timescales. Manage the key stakeholder expectations by owning the risks and issues associated with their projects, ensuring these are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
Provide guidance, support and training to less experienced members of the team and provide out of hours support as required to meet operational IT needs.
- Cisco Networking
- Load balancers (F5)
- TCP/IP, routers, switches, multiplexers, modems, cabling.
- Cisco Unified Comms Manager, Contact Centre (i.e. UCCE/PCCE), CS1000, ACD, Symposium, Voicemail, mobile communications
- Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change control, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework
- Firewall configuration and administration, security systems, intruder monitoring, threat analysis.
- Network monitoring and management.
- Windows 7 & 10, and MS Office 2010 workstations systems knowledge.
- Windows 2008, 2012 Server
- Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
What we offer:
- Salary £39,489 - £59,235
- 23 days annual leave
- Annual Bonus